Last week, our nation’s committee on Science, Space, and Technology tweeted a Breitbart Fake News article “Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists”.
For our first Take Action Thursday, we have put together a few suggestions below that will take you 5 min or less.
- Contact the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology:
- Let them know that climate change is real and you want to see action https://science.house.gov/contact or even better call them: 202-225-6371
Breitbart News is a destructive fake news source - they are fueled by ads! Continue the pressure
Send Kellogg's a Thank You:
1-800-962-1413; Kellogg's Consumer Affairs P.O. Box CAMB, Battle Creek, MI 49016
- Buy Kellogg products and donate to a food bank!
- Alert other companies about their ads on Breitbart:
- Go to Breitbart (dot) com. [I know, ugh, but keep going.] 2.) Find a Google AdSense ad. It will have a teal triangle and an X in its upper righthand corner. 3.) Click on the triangle. 4.) Click "Ad choices." 5.) On the Google page that loads, click "learn more" in the text toward the bottom. 6.) A page loads, Scroll down and click to "Leave feedback on the website you just saw." 7.) You are given a choice between "the website" and "the ads." Choose "the website." 8.) Check the box saying that the website (Breitbart) promotes racial intolerance/gender inequality. If you'd like, add a comment. 9.) Click submit!
A few surprising ad sponsors that maybe will respond:
Subaru http://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html, 1-800-782-2783
King Soopers: https://www.kingsoopers.com/topic/contact-us Media relations 1-513-762-4000
The Honest Tea Company - https://www.honesttea.com/contact/
Example Text:“Dear XXX, I have been outraged/offended/etc by fake news published on Breitbart News. I was very encouraged to see Kellogg foods remove ads from their site. When I checked the fake news site recently, I noticed an ad from your company. I am an owner/user of your product and was very upset to see your ad. I urge you to be more judicious in the content your ad money supports.