As the year is coming to a close, we at 500 Women Scientists are keeping busy (and the reason we missed this post yesterday!). We continue to grow, with almost 12K signatories from 100 countries, we are setting up meet-ups at science conferences around the globe, and we took steps to secure future 500WomenSci projects! Read on to find out what happened this last week:
What we did:
- Our activism was featured in Nature News!
- We met up for lunch, discussions of diversity, and stood up for science at AGU in San Francisco.
- We met up and share our pledge at the British Ecological Society Annual Meeting.
- Another Take Action Thursday. Do have ideas for what we should include next week? Leave a comment or message us!
- We submitted the first proposal to fund #500WomenSci science outreach!